Monday, May 1, 2023

How Does An Out-Of-State Resident Remove A Michigan Driver’s License "Hold"?

license reinstatement Michigan
You may decide to leave Michigan, especially if you’ve had your driver’s license revoked due to repeat OWI or other criminal convictions.  The thinking and logic work like this:  I can move away from my troubles, and get a license in another state like California, Ohio, or Colorado.  Unfortunately, that logic and thinking doesn’t always work.  Most often, out-of-state residents can’t get licensed in a new state because of the “hold” placed on them by the Michigan Secretary of State.

Every day, people from all over the country call our firm and ask these questions:


“What do I have to do to remove my Michigan driver’s license hold?”

“Do I have to come back to Michigan to handle this?”

“Do I need an attorney in Michigan for this, or in my new state?”

“Once Michigan removes my hold, will I be able to get a license in my new state?”


Learn how you can remove a “hold” on your out-of-state license here.


If you’re an out-of-state resident who has a “hold” on your Michigan driver’s license (i.e., your Michigan privileges have been revoked), please contact us today to help get your license reinstatement in Michigan at the Geherin Law Group (734) 263-2780. 

No comments:

Post a Comment